Thursday, March 10, 2016

Bassmaster Classic 2016: Tulsa, OK


Last week I attended the 2016 Bassmaster Classic in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I grew up about 100 miles northeast of Tulsa in a small town in Kansas called Riverton.


I took the opportunity to visit my family for a few days. It was great to spend some time on the farm. Spring is always a great time in the Midwest with all the new additions.




After a few days on the farm and working on trucks with my Dad, it was time to head to Tulsa. My nephew Taylor and his friend attended the Expo and weighed in on Friday. The crowds seemed a little smaller than usual but the Pros did not disappoint. Local favorite Jason Christie took an early lead. He continued his dominance on Day 2 and took a commanding 6 lb lead going into the final day.

Now this is where things got interesting.

Edwin Evers, another local pro, caught over 29 lbs to mount the largest come from behind win in Classic history. I am proud to say that I have become friends with Edwin over the years and he is a true Class Act and a well-deserved Champion. I fished with him on Okeechobee back in 2003 when I first started and he inspired me to stay in the sport and follow my dreams. He also helped me obtain my first sponsorship with Nitro Boats back in 2004.

Congrats Edwin on a phenomenal victory and enjoy the reign as Champion !





March 10, 2016
Jeff Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment