Friday, March 13, 2015

Fred Hall Fishing Trade Show: California Dreamin'


So this past week, I find myself in California for the Fred Hall show. For those of you who might not know what Fred Hall is; it is the largest consumer fishing trade show in the U.S. I have never been to California, so I was stoked.


Hollywood, CA

                                                                                   LAX: Los Angeles Airport

I flew into LAX on Monday and spent the afternoon cruising through Hollywood and then off to Malibu for dinner. Woke up Tuesday morning and headed to Long Beach. I checked into the hotel and then set up the booth. Back to LAX to pick up Ian Shields from Shields Reel Repair in Alabama. This show is so large that I definitely needed help to work the booth. For the next five days Ian and I worked 8-10 hours a day. An estimated 18000 people attend the show annually.

           
Fred Hall Show: Boca Bearings booth and tables

                                                                                 Ian Shields at the booth

I really enjoyed meeting our West Coast customers. I learned a lot about the types and styles of fishing that they do out West. You have your bass guys that chuck huge swimbaits for monster bass. Then you have your saltwater bass guys that fish for the Calico bass and of course your tuna guys. The area offers a wide range of opportunities to stretch your line.

           

Pacific Ocean

We wrapped up the show Sunday night at 7 p.m. and headed to LAX once again. We have dinner with my good friend Patrick Sebile at the LAX Hilton. Of course he gets recognized by the table next to us, which leads to a 20 minute conversation about fishing. After dinner, both Ian and I catch a red eye back to the East Coast.

                                                                                Patrick Sebile at LAX Hilton

Landed in West Palm, FL around 10 a.m. and head to the office to catch up. No rest for the weary. All in all, the show was a huge success and I can't wait for next year!!

See you out on the trail!

-Jeff

P.S. If you want regular updates on my travels, exclusive access to giveaways, or just general tips and advice, sign up for my newsletter HERE .









No comments:

Post a Comment