Monday, January 12, 2015

The Cowboy Turned Angler


Welcome to 'On the Trail'. My name is Jeff Brooks, I run the fishing reel division at Boca Bearings and the High School/Youth program for B.A.S.S. in Florida.  I also fish the B.A.S.S. Southern Opens and the Florida Bass Nation, follow me as I try to qualify for the Bassmaster Classic! In addition to fishing tournaments, I emcee regional tournaments and I am a licensed USCG captain.

Jeff competes in tournaments throughout the southeast.

I grew up in the Midwest around horses and the outdoors. I moved here in 1997 and I fell in love with South Florida. After giving up the horses and rodeo lifestyle, I bought my first boat in 2002 and have never looked back. I knew that I wanted to do this for a living.

Jeff Brooks during his Rodeo days

Fast forward to 2014, after guiding full time for some time, I was fortunate enough to get hired by Boca Bearings to run the fishing reel division. A great company with a superior product that is relatively a 'secret' in the fishing community.

Jeff demos his superior technique during a children's Science Event with Boca Bearing Company 

That leads us to the Southern Opens and 'On the Trail'. Follow me and my adventures all year long, not only will I recap each tournament and give a few tips/secrets away, but you will learn about the local towns that I travel to and be entered into our numerous giveaways throughout the year. You will also get some insider information from some of the biggest events in the sport-The Bassmaster Classic, Fred Hall Show and Icast!

See you out on the trail!

-Jeff

P.S. If you want regular updates on my travels, exclusive access to giveaways, or just general tips/advice. Sign up for my newsletter HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment